The year is about to end; 2017 is just around the corner... Today, we want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Enjoy this season with your loved ones; remember, above all, to have love present at all times and be thankful for those positive (and not so positive) experiences that you have lived this year. Remember that failures are learnings and learnings are personal growth.
At Gemma Box, we are especially grateful for our closest friends, family, and our current artisan partners, Laura and Gabriel, because they made this dream possible. We are grateful because we were able to start operations and meet some of the most wonderful people on the path, and grateful because we are now able to connect wonderful pieces of jewelry with meaningful customers like you.
We feel sad and worried because of the terrible things that happened in Syria, Berlin, Nice, Istanbul, Orlando, Indonesia, among others, and because of the apparent growth in inequality and division that we have witnessed this year. And even though crises are not over and we have to push for peace in every way that we can, lets remember that we also have many positive things to cheer for! Here are some examples:
1. Wild tiger population increased for the fist time in 100 years.
2. Giant pandas are no longer endangered.
3. Zika was downgrades as a global threat.
4. Paris climate change agreement came into force.
5. Netflix added offline downloads.
6. Over 800 Boko Harem hostages were rescued by Nigerian Army.
7. Coffee consumption was proven to be a factor in decreasing cancer and suicide rates.
8. A solar-powered plane in Abu Dhabi completed a round-the-world flight for the first time.
9. New chemotherapy breakthroughs have increased the 5-year survival for pancreatic cancer from 16% to 27% (and is getting better).
10. Volunteers in India planted 50 million trees in 24 hours.
and many many others!
Let's enjoy the last weeks of 2016 and welcome 2017 with open arms and a message of hope for those in need. Spread love, equality and kindness in every message and action you make ❤️
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEARS,
Gemma Box Team